A number of staff have been asked about journals for pedagogy within art, design, media and architecture.
I have only covered a range here but conscious that will not have included many. Particularly architecture and media, theatre, please can you include your relevant journals…m.thanks.
Here are a few I would recommend looking at:
- Art, Design & Communication in Higher Education (Intellect)
- Journal of Communication Design, Interdisciplinary and Graphic Design Research (Bloomsbury)
- Arts and Humanities in Higher Education (Sage)
- Journal of Textile Design Research and Practice (Bloomsbury)
- Journal of Illustration (btw….Desdemona in the art school is principal editor of this) (Intellect)
- Fashion Theory: The journal of dress, body and culture (Bloomsbury)
- The Design Journal: An International Journal for All Aspects of Design (Bloomsbury)
- Design and Culture, Journal of Design Studies (Bloomsbury)
- Visual Inquiry Learning and Teaching art (Intellect)
- International Journal and Art and Design Education (NSEAD)
- Journal of Contemporary Painting (Intellect)
- Journal of Modern Craft (Bloomsbury)